See Jamestown like a local.
Explore Accra’s oldest suburb the way you never have before with the #1 Walking Tour on Tripadvisor. Come along on our scheduled Saturday tours, hop on our weekend pub crawl or organise a customised just for you.
Our most popular tour. Discover the suburb’s hidden gems in this afternoon walking tour. See what it’s like inside a typical family home, explore key colonial sites and wander safely with knowledgable local guides. Runs every Saturday.
Our guided evening pub crawl takes you through our most popular drinking ‘spots’. Follow a labyrinth of alleys to visit Accra’s most iconic pub, visit a car-wash that’s now a bar, and get a taste of Ghanaian ‘high-life’.
Contact us to organise a bespoke tour specific to your interests and availability. Or take a guided insider tour of our traditional Ga events, including Homowo’s annual ‘Twins Festival’ or street art festival Chalewote every August.
Local Guides, Local People
Set on the coast of downtown Accra, Jamestown is listed as Lonely Planet’s #1 top sight in the city. From its tragic slaving past to bustling present, immerse yourself in the local way of life as knowledgeable locals guide you through the busy streets of their neighbourhood.
On our walking tours you will:
- Discover this suburb’s hidden gems
- Wander safely with knowledgeable local guides
- Gain an intimate understanding of this pulsing neighbourhood
- Learn about the rich history and key historic events that took place here
- Experience the only Jamestown tour recommended by Lonely Planet, the Bradt travel guide, and Time Out Accra (See some of our excellent reviews)